What needs to be added to the InfoBox Template?

Post all your Ultima Online and UOGuide related discussion topics here.
JC the Builder
Site Admin

What needs to be added to the InfoBox Template?

Postby JC the Builder » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:59 pm

I may be the only one who can update the InfoBox template. Someone has mentioned that new stuff needs to be added to it. Post it here and I'll work on it.

We are talking about this template: http://www.uoguide.com/index.php?title= ... ction=edit

Ian
Neophyte

Re: What needs to be added to the InfoBox Template?

Postby Ian » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:55 pm

Time of Legends has added at least 3 new super-ish slayers: Dinosaur, Myrmidex and Eodon Tribe.

Anon's Spellbook comes with a random choice of Dinosaur, Myrmidex or Eodin. I know there is a "Random Slayer" property in the InfoBox, but perhaps there could be some way to encode the choices when it is not random. Might not be worth the effort though.

As for the template, before logging in, it complains that editing is restricted to "Users". But then when I log in, it doesn't give a reason and then doesn't allow editing.

JC the Builder
Site Admin

Postby JC the Builder » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:55 pm

Since the template is used on a lot of pages it is only editable by sysops or rather site administrators.

JC the Builder
Site Admin

Postby JC the Builder » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:29 am

Ian wrote:Time of Legends has added at least 3 new super-ish slayers: Dinosaur, Myrmidex and Eodon Tribe.

So these are the only three that need to be added?

Jynxx
Neophyte

Postby Jynxx » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:13 am

JC the Builder wrote:
Ian wrote:Time of Legends has added at least 3 new super-ish slayers: Dinosaur, Myrmidex and Eodon Tribe.

So these are the only three that need to be added?

As stated, the slayers to add are Eodon, Dinosaur and Myrmidex

While there are several new protection items, most can be covered with the 'random protection' tag. But some items specifically have the property 'Eodon Tribe protection' and are not random.

JC the Builder
Site Admin

Postby JC the Builder » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:15 pm

Eodon, Dinosaur and Myrmidex slayer types have been added.

If there are other changes needed let me know.

Jynxx
Neophyte

Postby Jynxx » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:14 am

JC the Builder wrote:Eodon, Dinosaur and Myrmidex slayer types have been added.

If there are other changes needed let me know.

The word 'Random' is appearing before Eodon/Dinosaur/Myrmidex slayer in the infobox. The new arties drop specifically as 'Eodon Slayer' 'Dinosaur Slayer' or 'Myrmidex Slayer'

Also if you could add 'Eodon Tribe Protection 60%' for Grugor's Shield, it is the only artifact with this specific attribute and is not randomized.

JC the Builder
Site Admin

Postby JC the Builder » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:23 am

Jynxx wrote:The word 'Random' is appearing before Eodon/Dinosaur/Myrmidex slayer in the infobox. The new arties drop specifically as 'Eodon Slayer' 'Dinosaur Slayer' or 'Myrmidex Slayer'

This is now fixed. I had missed deleting the word random when copying the random code for the new types.

Also if you could add 'Eodon Tribe Protection 60%' for Grugor's Shield, it is the only artifact with this specific attribute and is not randomized.

I would like more details about this item property. Is it truly a one-off? Or can other tribes have protection?

Also I don't know if there is already an option to add custom item properties within the template. I don't even know how many items even have such custom properties.

Jynxx
Neophyte

Postby Jynxx » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:45 pm

JC the Builder wrote:
Jynxx wrote:

I would like more details about this item property. Is it truly a one-off? Or can other tribes have protection?

Also I don't know if there is already an option to add custom item properties within the template. I don't even know how many items even have such custom properties.

From what I've seen so far, there is no individual protection for any of the specific named tribes. So this property tag seems to cover them all. The shield always spawns with 60%.

Wamap's Bone Earrings are the only other item spawning with random protections, but they come at 40%. So far they have one specific monster (ie Silverback Gorilla, Infernus, ect) they offer protection from. This includes each individual dinosaur type. Again, I've not seen any named tribes or even the general 'Eodon Tribe' appear on the earrings.

Dragon Turtle protection seem to be the most highly desired and valuable.

Return to “UOGuide Bulletin Board”