Count Von Noobula

Post all your Ultima Online and UOGuide related discussion topics here.
mike8756
Neophyte

Count Von Noobula

Postby mike8756 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:04 pm

I played UO way back when it was new for a couple years. I haven't played since, but I'm looking to give it another go, and I've got a few incredibly noob questions that are basically game breakers, cause I'm not gonna pay a sub for a 12+ year old game unless i know what I'm getting into up front. So here they are;

Do I have to buy every single expansion pack to be up to date or just Stygian Abyss, how does High Seas fit in?

How much does UO Assist cost?

Is there still real estate available anywhere in this game; or is it still controlled by real life monopolistic nerfherders?

Are there any alternate methods for purchasing game time, such as with gold conversion etc..? legitimate means only.

Is there an auction house of any sort? Not sure why but I have an awkward feeling there was something like that once but it's been a long time.

How do I get my old account back? I know there is alot of FAQ on this one but none of it seems to help, and its all outdated, like pretty much everything ever written about UO.

This one's not a gamebreaker but would be immensly helpful. Is there any benefit to putting all gathering skills on one character(ie mining, lumberjack etc..); or is it better to pair them with production skills (ie mining, blacksmithing etc..)?

Lastly, any advice on what skills or type of character would be most efficient for a first character would be helpful but I understand most may refuse to answer this in the spirit of the game.

JC the Builder
Site Admin

Re: Count Von Noobula

Postby JC the Builder » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:20 pm

You only need to purchase the Stygian Abyss and High Seas expansions.

UOAssist costs a one time $15.

It is easy to place a small and medium size house.

You can purchase game time with gold via brokers.

There is no formal auction house system. Some players hold their own auction events.

If you know the username of the old account call EA support and they will be able to help you.

Crafting and gathering skills usually go on one character referred to as a mule.

Warriors can solo a lot more monsters than Mage type skills.

Welcome back.

Return to “UOGuide Bulletin Board”