Silly taming issue.

Post all your Ultima Online and UOGuide related discussion topics here.
Gethin
Neophyte

Silly taming issue.

Postby Gethin » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:53 am

Hi all,

I've just started my first tamer! (playing for 12 years and it took me this long :lol: ) I have gotten taming to 83 and animal lore to 86. Now the issue I'm facing, I'm taming bulls/great harts near Trinsic, but I am only getting gains now on lore. For the last 2 hours of taming I got 5.6 lore and 0.1 taming.

I'm not skill capped and taming isn't locked, but I am a little confused why am I getting Lore gains, but nothing with taming. I am killing them after I have them tamed (tame - all release - poison/explode); so I am frequently targeting new animals. But I am sure being a noob tamer, I am doing something silly.

Any help, advice is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Gethin

Huma
Neophyte

Re: Silly taming issue.

Postby Huma » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:37 am

I have a tamer about the same level and I have seen that taming gains are ridiculously low. I have a good set of taming jewelry right now and I just work on taming here and there. The reason that taming gains are so slow is because it takes I think between 20-30 seconds if not more to complete one taming check and you can only gain skill off the successful taming checks. Animal Lore on the other hand does several checks over the course of a single tame and you always have a chance to gain on each of those checks.

stive951
Neophyte

Re: Silly taming issue.

Postby stive951 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:27 am

There will be food & beverages provide. Please bring your swimsuits & sun tan oil!! Hope to see the Citizens of Skara Brae there :D

Return to “UOGuide Bulletin Board”