Publish 70.4: Get Out Your Wallet

Post all your Ultima Online and UOGuide related discussion topics here.
JC the Builder
Site Admin

Publish 70.4: Get Out Your Wallet

Postby JC the Builder » Thu May 12, 2011 3:28 pm

From UO.com:
Publish 70.4

Please join us on TC1 for a preview of our newest Theme Packs that can be purchased later this month.

Rustic Theme Pack
  • Topiaries – goblin and llama – Entitled players can use clippers on a hedge and get the choice of a topiary
  • Rustic Bench- Craftable
  • Raised Garden Bed – a maintenance free garden bed to place your seeds in and walk away. No potions or daily care needed. There will be a reward giver set up in New Haven so you can get this item.
  • Distillery – Craftable - Have a drink or two and tell us what you think.
  • Board and Batten wall tiles – Housing Customization tool
  • Access to the Encampment System – Commodity Broker or Pet Broker - Additional documents will be posted to explain this feature

Gothic Theme Pack
  • Gargoyle Statues - Craftable
  • Ritual Table - Craftable
  • Chest of Sending – You can send anything in your house to the bank if the chest is locked down . There will be a reward giver set up in New Haven so you can get this item.
  • Advanced Training Dummy – Craftable - Will train your weapon skills to 60.
  • Gothic Wall Tiles – House customization tool
  • Access to the Encampment System – Commodity Broker or Pet Broker - Additional documents will be posted to explain this feature

Source - http://www.uoherald.com/node/380

JC the Builder
Site Admin

Re: Publish 70.4: Get Out Your Wallet

Postby JC the Builder » Thu May 12, 2011 3:31 pm

To say I am disappointed that they are now having you pay for stuff to improve your character and facilitate game play is an understatement. Having to buy something so you can trade commodities and pets makes me so angry. If this was an expansion or even a booster, that would be understandable. But it isn't. Publishes are supposed to be paid for with subscription fees.

Tancred RedStar
Expert

Postby Tancred RedStar » Fri May 13, 2011 11:20 am

It seems so SIMs-like, buying a "theme pack", it's kind of disappointing.

We were told in Aug 2010 when High Seas was announced there'd be boosters(in lieu of expansions?) every 6 months and that was almost 10 months ago.

Nimuaq
Adept

Postby Nimuaq » Mon May 16, 2011 9:27 am

We have a new poll on our main page: http://www.uoguide.com/Main_Page

What do you think of the new Gothic and Rustic Theme Packs? UOJournal posted most of the item graphics some while ago and it is already discussed in Stratics (with some minor Dev bashing).

I will be very honest; I cant find the energy (or enthusiasm in that manner) to add the content from these theme packs after it is heavily criticized, even by the players who basically like anything UO offers. (To make the matters worse, EC welcomed me today by displaying all text in Japanese. I'm not sure what went wrong there after it downloaded the recent patches and I had to uninstall the game.)

JC the Builder
Site Admin

Postby JC the Builder » Mon May 16, 2011 5:09 pm

That is a good idea for a poll Nimuaq. Thanks for doing it.

Cire
Neophyte

Postby Cire » Tue May 24, 2011 5:51 am

:( I agree that the 'must purchase' to enjoy new content in UO is getting a bit absurd. If they maintained a lifetime set fee for anything (i.e. expansions, boosters, theme packs) I guess I wouldn't complain as much, but to know in a few months some newbie will get this content for 1/4th what we pay for it brand new is extremely upsetting. Maybe offering ANY 'new content' for free, to established 'vet' accounts of 5 years age, without any inactive periods of course, could at least be a form of 'reward' for those of us who still love UO. (The 5 years was just a number that came to mind, 1-2-3 years would be sufficient, imo)

Multani
Neophyte

Postby Multani » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:23 pm

It's kind of interesting to see how the bazaar has affected my Zento vendors. I was able to identify two people that frequented my vendors to buy commodities, and since the release of the bazaar, not a single sale. I don't fault anyone, I think the bazaar is where it should be done in the first place, but I don't like how it's exclusive to purchasers only.

I noticed that one of the bazaar vendors was one of my frequenting customers that I could identify, and that they were looking to buy the items that I assume they used to buy from me, for 25-50% of the price... and I'm not exactly priced high either. Luckily, only a few people have obliged.

Return to “UOGuide Bulletin Board”