Paragon entry page - "Third Dawn"???

Post all your Ultima Online and UOGuide related discussion topics here.
Basara549
Neophyte

Paragon entry page - "Third Dawn"???

Postby Basara549 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:06 am

I started playing UO in March 2003, and as far as I remember, it was early 2005 when Paragons, their chests, and their minor artifacts, were added to UO.

Checking the archive of the old UO Herald official page, has all this introduced in Publish 27, January 2005, two months after the release of Samurai Empire.

https://uo.stratics.com/uoherald/news/n ... newsid=750

The "Third Dawn" Wiki page on UOGuide and the "Paragon" Wiki page, for some reason, are treating Paragons as if they were integral to that release, when in fact, LBR, AoS, and SE came before Paragons were implemented.

JC the Builder
Site Admin

Re: Paragon entry page - "Third Dawn"???

Postby JC the Builder » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:06 pm

It looks like you are talking about the Changes section.

http://www.uoguide.com/Ultima_Online:_Third_Dawn

Maybe it should be more clear those additions were after the expansion launched?

Basara549
Neophyte

Postby Basara549 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:39 pm

It seems to permeate multiple entries relating to Ilshenar - even the "Paragon" page seems to indicate that paragons were introduced in 3D.

For example, from the Paragon page:

" Introduced with Ultima Online: Third Dawn, the enhanced challenge of Paragon creatures necessitated an enhanced reward."

Ilshenar and 3D were positively ancient when paragons were introduced. It's as if someone relatively new to UO went in at some point and either edited a number of Ilshenar pages (as I don't remember the Paragon page making such a claim years ago) to make all the stuff that was added to Ilshenar seem to originate in the original Third Dawn expansion.

Jirel of Joiry
Neophyte

Postby Jirel of Joiry » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:39 pm

After some search I found that Paragons were introduced in 2004 with Publish 27, well after 3rd Dawn. I will correct it, since it helps no one to have incorrect and/or bad information.

Nossal
Neophyte

Postby Nossal » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:12 am

Tells you how ancient this game is. I couldn't remember this info on the top of my head for the life of me. lol

Return to “UOGuide Bulletin Board”