UOAssist seems to be blocking its customers from certain countries.

Post all your Ultima Online and UOGuide related discussion topics here.
Ginger
Novice

UOAssist seems to be blocking its customers from certain countries.

Postby Ginger » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:23 am

A few weeks ago, my UOAssist was not able to connect to it's server (UpdateAce), so it disabled itself; I checked with people in-game and they told me that their UOA is able to connect to the UpdateAce server just fine. Note, I don't have any firewalls that are blocking UOA's connections.

Upon further investigation, I discovered that UOA is able to connect to its server, but the server is just to responding to some requests. Funny thing is that I am able to visit updateace.com in my web browser and I can even ping it. I emailed Tugsoft about a week ago about the issues I'm having and to-date he hasn't even bothered responding to me.

It's surprising to me that UO still hasn't incorporated the features of UOA that makes the 2D client playable; because the 3D client is just not worth playing.
Last edited by Ginger on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ginger
Novice

Re: UOAssist seems to be blocking its customers from certain countries.

Postby Ginger » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:11 pm

Today, UO Assist started working for me again. I've still not received a reply to my email from Tugsoft.

JC the Builder
Site Admin

Re: UOAssist seems to be blocking its customers from certain countries.

Postby JC the Builder » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:53 pm

This happens sometimes. Tugsoft is not around very much. If something goes wrong with UOAssist someone needs to email him so he knows.

Return to “UOGuide Bulletin Board”