Resist Lowering Tool for Cu Sidhes

Post all your Ultima Online and UOGuide related discussion topics here.
Ginger
Novice

Resist Lowering Tool for Cu Sidhes

Postby Ginger » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:57 am

Today, at the Balhae Meet and Greet, I asked Mesanna about a resist lowering tool for Cu Sidhes that will allow you to lower its resists to the minimum allowed. For example, you can lower your CUs Cold/Energy resist to 70/70 but not below that. Mesanna said that she's not doing this.

In retrospect, I think I should have explained how this feature would be used, why I wanted this feature to be available only for Cu Sidhes and why this feature is needed. I didn't make much of a case in the Meet and Greet, so I'll post it here for future reference.

The resist lowering tool would be similar to a "Whetstone of Enervation"--it would allow for more room to balance resists--and should be used *before* a pet is customized. The reason I wanted this feature to be available only for Cu Sidhes is because it could be used to lower control slots in other pets.

Here's why a resist lowering tool is needed.

If a creature does Cold Damage, its natural Cold Resist is usually high. So with a creature that does Cold Damage, you will usually *not* fight other creatures that also do Cold Damage. Therefore, for a creature does Cold Damage, you want its cold resist to be 70.

For example, you would not use a Cu Sidhe to kill another Cu Sidhe; or a White Wyrm to kill another White Wyrm.

Also, for all pets you want their Poison resist to be 70 so that they are easy to heal!

Return to “UOGuide Bulletin Board”