Request for Additional Statistics on Monster Pages

Post all your Ultima Online and UOGuide related discussion topics here.
Cypher
Neophyte

Request for Additional Statistics on Monster Pages

Postby Cypher » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:04 pm

In an effort to better prepare players for the threats out there, I’d like to see additional statics added to the monster stats template such as the following:
Special Abilities
• Open Doors Yes / No
• Auto Reveal Yes / No
• Aggressiveness Normal / Heightened / Paragon Like
• Auto Dispel Yes / No
• Teleports Players Yes / No
• Other Special Abilities
Resistances to…
• Poison None / Lesser / Standard / Greater / Deadly / Lethal
• Peacemaking Yes / No
• Provocation Yes / No
• Discording Yes / No
• Word of Death Yes / No
Combat Details
• Speed Normal / Fast / Paragon Like
• Melee Attack
• Ranged Attack
• Best Armor
• Weak Against
• Threat Level Develop a scale from 1 (Weak) to 10 (Super Boss)

I'd also like to see data for each paragon type along with separate entries for monsters that share the same name but have drastically different stats such as the Shame Water and Earth Elementals.

Nimuaq
Adept

Re: Request for Additional Statistics on Monster Pages

Postby Nimuaq » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:25 pm

Great suggestions, I'd like to see those information on creature pages as well and I totally agree that we should have separate pages for the monsters that share the same name but have different stats. While we can change the template we use on creature pages to add those statistical data, we will have more than 500 creature pages to update while we have only a few content editors (active uoguide users who edit the articles in order to update and/or improve them). We are still trying to update the guide as much as we can but some sections remain outdated like the new creatures inside the dungeon Wrong or Bod bribery which are added to the game more than six months ago. However, if we can somehow manage to get enough support from the community and have a decent number of content editors, we will make sure that those additional statistics are added and updated on each creature page.

Return to “UOGuide Bulletin Board”