Amnesty for Banned UO Accounts - Start Playing Once Again!

Post all your Ultima Online and UOGuide related discussion topics here.
JC the Builder
Site Admin

Amnesty for Banned UO Accounts - Start Playing Once Again!

Postby JC the Builder » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:11 pm

If you haven't noticed, the recent UO newsletters contained the following paragraph near the button:
If you have an account that was terminated by CS over a year ago and would like to have it back please contact support (http://uo.com/support-welcome/) and give them the details and identify the account as yours, depending on the termination we will remove the restriction from your account so you may open it again.

It is not clear what they will forgive. But it is more likely you will be unbanned for relatively minor reasons such as harassment, being reported for saying prohibited words like "rape", speedhacking, etc. If you were banned for major exploitation or your account has a note "DO NOT UNBAN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES EVER" then your chances would be less good.

But who knows, perhaps the notes were lost and they will unban you no matter how heinous your crimes against Britannia were!

zoghistorian
Neophyte

Re: Amnesty for Banned UO Accounts - Start Playing Once Again!

Postby zoghistorian » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:20 pm

I don't know if you ever heard about Keys, one of the old-time PKs on Sonoma. He's still remembered by some because of how he got banned. When Trammel opened, a counselor friend teleported his red into Trammel, where he found he was able to attack others. (We can deduce that the coding simply forbade attacks by blue, rather than allowing attacks only by greens and orange.) Well, of course people started paging, and a GM answered very quickly. Such offenses should never be forgiven, and I say this though Keys was a game friend who I regularly ran with.

Speedhacking and certain harassments (like the old MDK guild), in my book, are too serious to lift. Either way, great leniency will mean that subscriptions are down a lot more than we'd like to think. I always suspected that starting a number of years ago, when account numbers started a rapid decline, GMs were told not to be too strict about most things below duping and game-crashing exploits. A GM would stand in the middle of a fight, some players still speedhacking all around, and the GM would say he didn't see anything.

Return to “UOGuide Bulletin Board”