- The web domain atlanticcommunityboard.com will be transferred over and kept running
- The web domain atlanticmagetower.com will not be renewed, the content will be moved on to UOGuide. Currently it just redirects to another site anyway, (however if anyone wants the domain contact me, it expires in June)
- I have been given a complete backup of all the site files and databases, so no data will be lost
- The Atlantic Roleplay Wiki will be moved on to UOGuide (more details below)
- The forum will be imported into this one (forum.uoguide.com) (more details below)
- The atlanticcommunityboard website may go offline at some point, the hosting is no longer being paid for. Hopefully it stays up until the content can be finished moving. (as already stated, we have a backup so it won't disappear forever)
Atlantic Roleplay Wiki Transfer
All content pages will be transferred over to UOGuide. This was done once before with InuWiki. All pages that are copied need to be prefixed with "Atlantic:". A redirect script will be setup so all web links will remain working. So for example the page http://www.atlanticcommunityboard.com/w ... php?title=Wraiths_of_OES should become http://www.uoguide.com/Atlantic:Wraiths_of_OES. If a title needs to be changed for any reason a redirect must be in placed, for example http://www.uoguide.com/Atlantic:Wraiths_of_OES redirects to http://www.uoguide.com/Atlantic:Wraiths_of_Order_of_the_Ebon_Skull
The best way to coordinate this if multiple people want to help out is to insert a message on the old pages after copying them so everyone knows which ones have been moved already. But you need to get in touch with me so I can activate your account, it is turned off right now to prevent spammers.
Atlantic Community Forum Transfer
The timeline on when this will be complete is unclear. Here is a rough outline of what needs to be done:
- Convert the forum database to a current version of phpBB
- Import the forum database into this one, while taking care to merge the user lists
- Write a script to redirect old topic ids to the new ones in order to preserve old web links
- I want to try and keep some of the old forum style, which is possible to have styles set on a per-forum basis
- I want to try and have the forum show up still on http://www.atlanticcommunityboard.com/forum however this may be too much work
- Other stuff such as the old calendar events should be preserved somewhere, maybe on the wiki
This is something I want to get done as soon as possible, however there are so many other projects I am working on right now. Honestly I don't see this happening for at least a couple months.
If anyone has comments or suggestions for this project post them here or get in touch with me.
Have a Nice day.