UOGuide Presents - Death and Resurrection Video Tutorial

Post all your Ultima Online and UOGuide related discussion topics here.
JC the Builder
Site Admin

UOGuide Presents - Death and Resurrection Video Tutorial

Postby JC the Builder » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:03 pm

More updates, more updates!

Image UOGuide Presents Video Series
I am pleased to bring you the first in what should be an ongoing series of videos produced for UOGuide. The first one is a tutorial on what to do when your character dies in UO.

The goal is for UOGuide to publish videos promoting Ultima Online. We will be working with Rel Expo to bring you more of these videos in the future. Videos will be featured on the Main Page and on appropriate article pages. If you would like to help in this project you can send a message to Image.

All videos will be uploaded on the Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/jcthebuilder

Image UOGuide News Network
We are looking for people to write news stories about UO. For example one could be created on the recent Stratics auction. Or you can write about player reactions to publishes or things they want to see changed. There is lots of news happening every day and it is currently not being documented. The more news published about UO the more the game can be promoted.

Stories will be featured on UOGuide and other UO websites. If you are interested in writing articles send a message to Image.

Image Content Updates
The Main Page has been updated to reflect recent content and will continue to do so. If anyone wants to assist with keeping the main page current contact me and for access.

In addition I have been updating all sorts of pages throughout the site. It has mostly been random but in the next two weeks I will personally be focusing on two areas: New Player Guide and Time of Legends. There is not much content at all about the most recent expansion, which is bad for both new and existing players.

I would also like to flesh out the New Player Guide as much as possible so it is easy for someone new to begin playing UO. It should contain information on your first days/weeks in the game, where to go hunting, ways to earn gold, finding and joining guilds, etc. There is lots of stuff that can be added to greatly improve the experience of new players.

Image New page Contest
Any person who creates a new article on UOGuide, no matter how small, will be entered to receive a UO Code of their choice worth up to $10. This contest will run through the month of January ( from January 1, 12:01AM EST until January 31, 11:59PM EST). Multiple articles will not increase the amount of entries. The winner will be announced in a news post within a week after the contest end date.

Image More Coming Soon
Be on the lookout for more updates to UOGuide. As always we encourage everyone to help keep the site updated. It only takes a moment to register an account. Editing articles is as easy as posting on a forum. There are currently over 1,600 pages waiting to be created!

Have a Nice Day.

JC the Builder
Site Admin

Re: UOGuide Presents - Death and Resurrection Video Tutorial

Postby JC the Builder » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:49 pm

In addition I have disabled the protection to view UOGuide images on other websites (otherwise known as hotlinking). If you wish to use UOGuide images on other forums and such you can now do so.

JC the Builder
Site Admin

Postby JC the Builder » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:16 pm

I have added a section to the left menu on the main UOGuide website to let people know about UO News. Currently I have to manually edit the html files so if you want something added I need to be contacted. Eventually this might be able to be done via a page in the wiki.

JC the Builder
Site Admin

Postby JC the Builder » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:10 pm

The help section has been updated.
  • Added editing toolbar info to Contents
  • Made some small changes to how Contents is formatted
  • Finally created a page explaining templates
  • Created a navigation box for the bottom of help pages
I am pretty happy now with the help system. It is by no means complete, but at least it has all the basic information on editing the site.

Return to “UOGuide Bulletin Board”