Does UOGuide seem a lot faster now?

Post all your Ultima Online and UOGuide related discussion topics here.
JC the Builder
Site Admin

Does UOGuide seem a lot faster now?

Postby JC the Builder » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:09 am

The issue was UOGuide's database has gotten so large it needed to be put on it's own server. In total it is around 800MB, which is a lot when you consider that is all text.

UOGuide currently runs a virtual private server, although we are the only one on the VPS due to us maxing out resources all the time. It might be beneficial to upgrade to a dedicated server. I will be evaluating this over the next week.

I wanted to be sure that UOGuide was as responsive as ever to be updated for all the exciting new changes that were recently published. And of course all the players looking for information on those changes.

JC the Builder
Site Admin

Re: Does UOGuide seem a lot faster now?

Postby JC the Builder » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:16 am

Also I have removed the non-UO General Discussion board from the forum. It seems people were getting confused about where to post and since this forum has so little activity it didn't make sense to have two different boards. So everyone can post in this forum.

Of course there is a separate forum for trading items if you want to post there also.

Poo
Neophyte

Postby Poo » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:26 pm

excellent work!
so much faster!

Andrasta
Expert

Postby Andrasta » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:22 pm

Awesome!

Odysseas
Neophyte

Postby Odysseas » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:55 pm

it is great! :D :!: if you run mysql it would also help to check the performance settings in my.cfg and the caching. Also controlling the use of indexes and maybe adding some, if needed might help

Obsidian
Neophyte

Postby Obsidian » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:23 pm

Yes, I've noticed a significant improvement in page loading speed. It still is slower than most pages on my connection, but I will take the improvement.

Return to “UOGuide Bulletin Board”