Publish 76

Post all your Ultima Online and UOGuide related discussion topics here.
Cogniac
Journeyman

Re: Publish 76

Postby Cogniac » Mon May 28, 2012 3:27 pm

We should make some mention in the section for The Void Pool about the difference between kill points and reward points, as well as a mention about the shard ranking system and gumps (that are for the kill points).

Nimuaq
Adept

Postby Nimuaq » Mon May 28, 2012 4:19 pm

They are already mentioned:

Cora's minions do not drop loot and instead players score points for making kills or assisting in making kills. The total and the current scores can be seen by selecting The Void Pool option from the character's context menu. Reward points can also be received based on the number of waves the players helped to fight back:

Cogniac
Journeyman

Postby Cogniac » Mon May 28, 2012 8:30 pm

I changed the wording a little bit. The "also" made it read as though both the kill points and the reward points could be used to buy the rewards somehow.

We could probably also use pictures of the gumps for the rankings, but it's complicated enough that I'm thinking it needs its own article. Not sure what a good name for it would be, though.

Alianin
Journeyman

Postby Alianin » Tue May 29, 2012 7:04 am

Perhaps just a snippet in the Covetous article about The Void Pool and then separate it off into another article.
House of Corvus
Alianin ~ Mira

Cogniac
Journeyman

Postby Cogniac » Tue May 29, 2012 10:38 am

Alianin wrote:Perhaps just a snippet in the Covetous article about The Void Pool and then separate it off into another article.
I'm thinking that might be the solution. We need an entire "The Void Pool" article that includes this sort of stuff. We could probably even include a periodically updated ("Last Updated: May 29, 2012" sort of thing) table of the people with the top points on every shard.

Alianin
Journeyman

Postby Alianin » Tue May 29, 2012 1:15 pm

I've gone ahead and snipped the main article and moved the content to The Void Pool article. Feel free to tweak it.

As for having the top points on every shard, I can imagine that would be a beast to keep track of.
House of Corvus
Alianin ~ Mira

Return to “UOGuide Bulletin Board”